Newsletter: An Update from Strathcona Septic
Strathcona Septic & Water Services acts on COVID-19
Dear Valued Customers,
At Strathcona Septic Tank Services, we are committed to supporting the well being of our community by keeping our customers and employees safe and healthy without interruption to the vital utility services and emergency response we provide. We are open and will remain open during this time of need. We are here to continue to provide the highest level of service and safety that you have come to expect.
Strathcona Septic Tank Services (SSTS) is monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and has implemented some new procedures in response to ensure our customers and staff are safe and healthy. Circumstances could change rapidly in these uncertain times, which means that these procedures are fluid and subject to change as we continue to act proactively on the situation. Please review the newest procedures below:
- When visiting a site, social distancing is to be practiced. For example, dropping invoices into drop box rather than entering office or home to deliver paperwork and obtain signatures. Please advise your SSTS contact of a designated spot where paperwork can be left.
- Staff that are experiencing symptoms such as sore throat, fever, cough, or breathing difficulties are directed to self-isolate as per instruction from Alberta Health Services.
- Employees that have traveled outside of Canada after March 12th are directed to self-isolate for 2 weeks as per instruction from Alberta Health Services.
- The health and wellness of each employee is monitored daily.
- Although we are open for services, our office is closed to the outside public.
- As our drivers work alone, they are isolated from the general public.
- Physical distancing is always maintained between all staff members.
- All staff members, office and field staff, are equipped with re-usable masks and sanitizing wipes.
- Our drivers are equipped with disposable gloves, re-usable masks, hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and bleach.
- The spouts of our hoses are bleached after every water delivery. Our drivers wear disposable gloves and use hand sanitizer and wipes before and after every delivery.
- All incoming service calls are screened for customers that are under quarantine or self-isolation. We do not enter the residence of anyone that is under quarantine or self-isolation.
- We ask our customers to consider sending payment through contactless methods such as electronic transfer when possible.
- Our employees are educated on safe hygiene practices both in and outside of our business.
- We will continue to follow and closely monitor all recommendations and orders from public health authorities.
We will take all the necessary precautions we can to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect the vulnerable and high-risk individuals within our community. As the premier rural water and sewer company, our priority is to support our employees and customers in these uncertain times. We remain committed to providing our customers with the best level of service possible with no interruptions to service. Going forward, if any changes or disruptions are set to occur, we will inform you as soon as possible.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your regular SSTS point of contact or call us at (780) 922-3117
From our family to yours, stay safe and take care.
Strathcona Septic Tank Services
Last Updated: April 28th, 2020